Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Got Kilt? No, Not Yet.

In spite of my previous rant about utility kilts I decided to try one last time for the perfect utility/work kilt. I made this decision after checking out the GotKilt? website and noticing that they can make one in an extra long length, something I've realized I need if I'm going to do work in a kilt. I put in an order for a kilt (plus a few other items) and prepared for the extra 6 week wait that a specialty kilt requires. Since it has now been over 7 weeks and I haven't seen or heard sign of my new kilt I sent an email to the company which has of this posting gone unreturned. Today I went to the company Facebook page to see if there might be additional contact information and I noticed a few other customers complaining about a delay of their orders as well. So now I'm a little concerned. Hopefully the Got Kilt? company will get my order shipped soon and I'll be able to give the new kilt a great review. Stay tuned.


You may notice I haven't posted in awhile. I thought it might be nice to wait around for the big 5-0 day to arrive before I started regularly posting again. That day is creeping up faster than I want to think. Friday. April 27. No turning back. I'll be strapped into the kilt for a good long year, come what may. On a positive note, I plan on hanging out at the Georgia Renaissance Festival on Saturday after my birthday. If you're going to be there and you recognize me, buy a tall, poor, middle-aged kilt-wearer a tall, birthday Guinness. It's the least ye can do.

5 comments:

  1. LOL well ye got great legs fer the kilt ;) an come on down to the Colorado Renaissance Festival it's not until the second weekend in June and ends in July. Also not bad fer 50 not at all. Please come on down an show these guys ye can still wear a kilt at any age. Just come on down to pireats pub at fair an i'll buy ye a late B-day drink fer sure lol
    Think what yer doing is great an good luck. Oh my friend Copper Penny did invite you to Kilt blowing heheheh i'm in training it's a hoot you should come to con an Fair!!! ye can be a Pirate in a Kilt we have many :)
    Julie Ann aka Meows Sunshine Rumfield :)on face book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to do a few Ren Fairs this year. Would be nice to walk around with more kilts in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting your kilt from Got Kilt. I ordered the wrong size for my son for Christmas, returned the old one, check for return postage cleared, never got replacement kilt. He won't reply to my emails or facebook messages. Hope things go better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY KILT TOO.
    WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS COMPANY?
    THEY HAD TO REPLACE MINE AS WELL.
    IT'S BEEN 6 WEEKS.
    NO REPLY TO MY EMAILS OR CALLS.
    ARE THEY OUT OF TOWN, BACK LOGGED, SHORT ON
    HELP OR WHAT????
    I'M TRYING TO BE PATIENT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOT KILT ORDERED THE WRONG SIZE OF KILT FOR ME AND I RETURNED IT.
    THEY CLAIM THAT THEY NEVER RECEIVED IT . (VIA CREDIT CARD CLAIMS)
    I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY FOR MONTHS WITH NO COMMUNICATIONS.
    A BIG PAIN! PATIENTS GOT ME NOWHERE!
    DON'T ORDER FROM THEM!

    ReplyDelete