Friday, April 27, 2012

The Big Five Oh

Here it is people. The big 5-0. My fiftieth birthday. The official launch of a year in a kilt. Today was not too bad but I'm just going to have to get used to that number 50. It doesn't sound right. It doesn't feel right. I don't even know what 50 is supposed to feel like but I guess I thought it would feel worse than this. Doesn't feel much different than 25. Just looks twice as bad. Today I celebrated in my MacDonald SportKilt. I've discovered that the SportKilts make nice summer kilts. Light fabric, cool and easy to manage. I'll be seeing a lot of them in the coming season. Winter kilts are moved to the back of the closet. Time for some serious kilting.

2 comments:

  1. 50 was no big deal to me except that it was a surprise. I did not expect to live that long. My daughter says it was the biggy for her, (she was 51 this month.
    It wasn't long after my 50th birthday that I discovered I was an Oldfool something that has been proven over and over these last 23 year.
    I have learned to sew and wear kilts within the last 4 years and I often wonder what took so long.
    Keep telling us your story and a photo now and then wouldn't hurt. I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated! I have a couple of years to go yet so will be following your progress for tips and pitfalls. ;)

    ReplyDelete