Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Had A Dream

I had a dream last night that I was wearing a kilt at a public gathering. I was walking around and noticing that people were staring of course. Then I notice another guy wearing a kilt. It was an all black utility type kilt that looked like it had been worn many times. I walked up to the guy and said "Hey!" and pointed at his kilt. Then he looked at my kilt and started laughing with his unkilted friends. He proceeded to tell me I wasn't supposed to wear the shoes I had on with the kilt I was wearing. Do you think I have some deep down insecurities about this kilt thing? Why do I have to create opportunities for random strangers to insult me in my dreams? It's too late to back out now. Maybe I should buy some new shoes.


4 comments:

  1. That is one problem with the kilt. You will end up buying more accessories, including shoes, then you imagined when you started this. I now own more shoes than I ever have in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. I've purchased more kilts than I should have and more accessories than I probably need. Oddly enough, the only thing I haven't purchased are Ghillie Brogues. I don't really like the way they look. Maybe that was the reason for my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of us kilt wearers don't like gillies. They may be required wear for some Highland Pipe Bands, but are not required wear for kilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Ghillies and often wear them but really like my Docs.

    ReplyDelete